There are lots of ways to stay healthy. Here are a few to get you started on the right foot...
- Eat together as a family. Aim for dinner together four nights a week.
- Eat local and organic foods when possible.
- Avoid added sugar, which is disguised as high fructose corn syrup in packaged foods, when possible.
- Exercise as a family regularly.
- Try new physical activities as a family such as hiking, ice-skating or yoga.
- Set computer and TV limits for everyone in the family.
- Read to your children daily.
- Wear helmets when biking, using skateboards or scooters.
- Apply sunscreen often and liberally.